With the growth of the baby, parents need more safety precautions at home. With time the curiosity rises in babies, and they try to explore everything in the house, especially drawers and cabinets. Sometimes it is dangerous for them to get access to different things that parents placed in the drawers or cabinets. Therefore, baby proof cabinet locks are available in the market to tackle this problem.
Baby proof cabinet locks are the best way to keep your baby away from various hazardous things like medicines, knives, scissors, cleaning material, etc. Multiple brands are available in the market that offers its cabinet locks with different features and price tags.
These cabinet locks are easy to use, and users can attach it by using adhesive tapes with different types of locking systems. It is difficult for the parents to select the best one for their cabinets and drawers.
Therefore, with the help of extensive research, we select the top ten baby proof cabinet locks for our readers. We choose these products based on the ratings provided by current users. Let’s take a look at them.
1 Multipurpose Baby Safety Cabinet Lock
Once the babies start to crawl, they become curious to explore everything in the drawers and cabinets. Often, they create mess by taking out all the cabinet’s stuff and can put themselves in danger. Baby Safety Cabinet Lock by Family Care is an excellent choice to keep your child away. They can be used on anything from cabinets to toilet seats, refrigerators, microwaves, and drawers.
You can use this multipurpose cabinet lock on all surfaces, including flat surfaces and corners as well. This lock uses high-quality 3M-adhesive tape that stays for an extended period. You can adjust the length of the flexible strap as per your needs. It includes six lock straps and four corner guards to cover sharp corners.
- Easy Installation: Baby Safety Cabinet Locks are easy to install by using strong adhesive tape. You can change the length of the PE foam strap by cutting off the extra length, depending on where you want to stick them.
- User-Friendly Design: It offers user-friendly design with easy lock and unlocks for adults. But it is difficult for babies to open it even after hard efforts.
- Compatible: They are made for outside use of cabinets, but you don’t have to worry about it. Their neutral color can easily be blend with any type of home decor.
- Ideal for various appliances
- Easy to use
- Strong adhesive tape
- No extra adhesive tape in packing
2 Eco-Baby Child Safety Magnetic Locks
If you are looking for the hidden locks, that does not affect the appearance of your cabinets. Eco-Baby Child Safety Magnetic Locks are ideal for you. These locks are installed by just peeling the tape from the lock. And stick it on the inside of your cabinet or drawer. It takes less than three minutes to install each lock. You can open the drawer with the help of the key that comes along with the lock.
Eco-Baby Magnetic Locks set includes 12 child safety magnetic locks and two keys. This set helps you to secure every cabinet and drawer that is easily accessible to your kids. It also comes up with a magnetic key holder that you can install somewhere high up.
- Versatile Options: You can use Eco-Baby Locks in three different ways. It can be installed at the top, on the bottom, and even on the sides of the cabinet.
- Smooth Operation: These locks are attached from inside of the cabinet. It remains shut until you put the magnetic key on the outside. It releases the latch and pulls the cabinet to open.
- Easy To Use Switch: It comes with a magnet key that enables the users to lock or unlock the magnetic lock by just placing on outside of the drawer or cabinet.
- No tools required
- Comes with two magnetic keys
- Butterfly stickers to know the lock position
3 Adoric Sliding Cabinet U-Shaped Locks
Kids are fond of hiding in the cabinets, or they create mess up, so you need to childproof the cabinets and keep your child safe. Adoric U-Shaped Cabinet Locks are easy to attach by putting the lock through the handles or knobs and slide the bottom part on the lock arm. The U-shaped latches hold the handles or knobs to keep the double doors from opening up.
When you want to open the lock, you just press both buttons of the lock simultaneously to unlock it. They are suitable for handles or knobs that are up to 5 inches apart. They don’t leave any marks because of its no-adhesive design.
- Durable Material: The U-Shaped Locks are made with high-quality strong ABS material. It ensures that they don’t wear out quickly, and children cannot break it.
- Easy To Use: These locks are easy to set up by placing the lock over the handles. You can also open it easily by squeeze the buttons towards each other.
- Without Adhesive Tapes: Because these locks need no adhesive tape, therefore they can be reused on multiples handles without the hassle of tape changing.
- Difficult for a child to open
- Not useable for single door cabinets
4 Baby Proofing Magnetic Cabinet Locks By Vmaisi
Vmaisi is famous for providing child safety products in an attractive and stylish design. This magnetic cabinet lock is attachable on the inner side of the drawer or cabinet. Therefore, it is not visible outside of the door. It is specially made for people who always want products with a stylish and attractive look.
Usually, parents need to secure many doors, cabinet, and drawers; therefore, this brand offers the packing of twelve. It not only helps to ensure the safety of various places, but it also reduces the cost per lock. This multipurpose lock enables users can use it everywhere, like a kitchen, bathroom, storeroom, cabinet, drawer, etc.
- Strong Adhesive Tape: It offers durable adhesive tapes to attach both parts of the lock with door and frame. The strong glue helps to keep the lock at its place.
- Keep Your Baby Safe: The robust magnet lock helps to keep the baby away from opening the door and safe from various sharp things in drawers and cabinets.
- Easy To Understand Installation Guide: The packing includes an installation guide that is beneficial to understand the installation process to avoid any problem.
- Multiple fixing options (adhesive tape + screws)
- Affordable packing
- Premium quality material
- Only one key to unlock 12 locks
5 Skyla Homes Child Safety Cabinet Locks
Naturally, kids are curious and perform lots of activities. But sometimes, it becomes dangerous for them as there are harmful chemicals and sharp knives used in homes. You can use Skyla Homes Child Safety Cabinet Locks to protect your kids from harm. This set of child safety cabinet locks includes 12 locks so that you can lock 12 drawers and cabinets.
It provides 3M-adhesive tape at the back that is strong enough to hold the lock tightly. It is simple for adults and complicated for kids to open the lock. Just by pushing it up, down, or sides to open the lock. These locks are certified from USCPSC. It serves as a multipurpose lock so that you can use them on the kitchen appliances and toilet seats as well.
- Flexible Strap: The strap of the lock can be adjusted between 3 to 7 inches so that you can use them in a variety of things. These adjustable straps can easily be bent around the corners also.
- High-Quality Material: These locks are made by using non-toxic RoHS approved material. Lab tests guaranteed that this lock is not harmful to the health of kids.
- Child Protector: The Child Safety Cabinet Lock can give your child better protection and stop them from opening the cabinets, which they should not.
- No keys required
- Adjustable strap
- Attachable to any type of material
- Do not stick for a long time
6 Safety 1st Adhesive Magnetic Child Safety Lock System
If you are searching for a lock system that is hidden and invisible from outside, Safety 1st Child Safety Lock is best for you. They can easily be installed on the inside of the cabinets with adhesive tape. These locks can simply be unlocked with the help of a magnetic key. Key can be used from outside of the cabinet.
The Safety 1st set includes eight locks and two keys. If you lose one key, then you have one more to open the lock. This lock comes with a locking indicator to tell whether the lock is engaged or not. It can be disengaged with the press of a button when not in use. Each lock has a yellow plastic template to ensure that it has correctly installed.
- Locking Indicator: The best feature of this lock is that you can disengage the lock whenever you don’t need it and can engage it back. Color indicator shows the engagement of the lock.
- Quick To Attach: There is no need for screws and drills because you can just peel the adhesive sticker and fix it on the cabinet. It offers easy to install and easy to remove options.
- Multiple Lock: This Child Safety Lock System offers eight locks so that you can use it on various cabinets and drawers. It provides better protection to your baby.
- Install perfectly every time
- Out of sight
- Can be disengaged when not in use
7 Munchkin Xtraguard Dual Action Multi Use Latches
Child safety cabinet locks give better protection to your kids and make them safe from any indoor injury or danger. Munchkin Multi Use Latches is a fantastic product to safeguard your child. These latches can be used on various household items from refrigerator, drawers, microwaves, to toilet seats. You don’t have to use tools to install it because it has a strong adhesive at its back.
Munchkin Latches contain a flexible strap that you can easily be used around corners too. You can also unlock it by pushing down the buttons on both sides at the same time to release one end. The adhesive at the back can easily be removed without damaging the surface.
- Dual Button Operation: This lock can be opened with the help of a dual button operation that is easy for adults and difficult for kids. To open the latch, press both buttons on the sides simultaneously that releases the latch.
- Quick Setup: It takes only a minute to attach the lock on to the surface. Just peel the covering on the adhesive and stick it to the item which you want to be childproof.
- Reusable: As the adhesive can easily be removed, you can replace these latches somewhere else. Attach the 3M double-sided tape to the lock and place it wherever you want to use.
- Flexible and adjustable strap
- Attractive design
- No damage to the surface
- Can’t be used on hot ovens
8 Adoric Child Safety Cabinet Locks
Safety comes first. With this belief, Adoric is offering the best products for child safety. Adoric Child Safety Cabinet Locks prevent your child from getting into the cabinets and cupboards. These locks can be used for bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen not only to protect your child but to protect the cabinets from your pets.
Adoric Child Safety Locks are suitable only for flat surfaces. The space between the two doors of the cabinets should not be more than 1 inch. It can conveniently be installed with the help of strong adhesive on the closed cabinet doors. You can easily unlock it by pressing the button and rotate it.
- Easy Access for Adults: Adoric safety locks are easy for adults to install and use. Just press the button and turn the lock clockwise to open and rotate it anticlockwise to lock it again.
- Durable Material: This lock is made of high-quality and durable ABS material. It is non-toxic and odorless, and difficult for the toddlers to damage, which makes it long-lasting.
- Wide Application: Adoric Safety Locks can correctly lock the cabinets, cupboards, and drawers and keep the child away from any danger at home.
- Easy to use
- High-quality material
- Unique design
- Suitable only for flat surface
9 Cabinet Locks Child Safety Latches
This Child Lock is ideal for mothers who want safety for their kids without destroying the appearance of their cabinets. The Child Safety Spring Latches are invisible from outside because they are placed inside of the cabinets. The best part is that they are straightforward to install in just a few minutes with the help of adhesive tape and requires no tools at all.
The 3M adhesive and the lock material are of high-quality and non-toxic to assure that your baby is safe in the house. The Child Safety Latches are operated by strong spring instead of pushing down the button or use a key to open.
- Maximum Protection: This lock set contains ten spring locks, 1 Giraffe door pinch guard, four electric plug protectors, and four soft corner guards. It provides extra protection to the kids.
- Unlock by Finger: To open the cabinet, you insert your finger inside the cabinet and press down the button on the lock.
- Reusable: Child safety Locks can be removed and reused somewhere else by using extra stickers or adhesives.
- Super easy to use
- No magnet or key required to unlock
- Complete set for better safety
10 Kiscords Baby Safety Cabinet Lock for Knobs
Kiscord Baby Safety Locks are great for temporary baby proofing the cabinets that don’t leave any mark on the cabinets. This lock is suitable only for side-by-side knobs that are up to 6.5 inches apart.
Because of its no drill, no adhesive, and no magnet installation, it doesn’t cause any damage to the surface. It is made up of a nylon cord and can easily be adjusted to secure knobs.
- Portable Design: Users can carry it while visiting the relatives to keep the child away from dangerous things in the cabinets at their place.
- Easy To Install: It is easy to install without using any tape or screws; therefore, it doesn’t leave any mark on the surface.
- Easy To Use: It is easy to use the cord on the knobs and pull one end of the cord to fasten the strap. The cord is easy to remove with only one hand.
- Adjustable strap
- Attractive clip design
- Easy to learn the opening trick for kids
Baby Proof Cabinet Locks Buying Guide
Baby proof cabinet locks are one of the essential accessories for homes with kids and babies. However, parents have to look at different things in the baby proof cabinet locks to ensure the durability and fulfillment of purpose.
The following are a few things that parents must consider before paying for the locks.
- Type Of Lock
As we discussed in the above section, various types of locks are available in the market that offers a different locking system. Therefore, it is imperative to consider the kind of cabinet or any other place to select the right type of lock.
Following are the types of locks available in the market:
- Adhesive mount cabinet locks
- Spring release locks
- Pull cord locks
- Cabinet locks with slide feature
- Magnetic Locks
Users can select any type depends on the place where they want to use it.
- Convenient To Install
Most of the baby proof cabinet locks are designed to install by using adhesive tapes on the base while some use screws to fix. Some are attachable on the outside of the cabinet or drawer while some offer inside the attachment.
Therefore, you must consider going for the one that provides easy to install option. So, it is easy for you to attach or detach the lock without using any type of tool.
- Locking Mechanism
It is another essential thing to consider. The lock must offer a tough locking mechanism for kids so that the kids or babies can’t open it easily. That is the primary purpose of the lock. However, it could be easy for the parents to lock or unlock it.
But make sure that the lock is free from sticking problems. Mostly, the sticking problem arises due to the lack of installation instructions.
- Price Range
Parents have to use multiple locks to ensure the safety of kids. Therefore, they have to buy numerous locks. It is difficult for the parents to purchase expensive locks for different places. You must consider choosing the lock with a reasonable price tag so that you can easily buy multiple locks to maximize the security of kids.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question # 1,
Is it possible to stop my cat from getting into the cabinet by using these locks?
Yes, these locks provide enough strong grips that are not possible for the cats or other pets to open.
Question # 2,
How can I remove the residue of adhesive tape from the surface of the cabinet or door?
Many brands claim that there will be zero residues after uninstalling the locks attached by using adhesive tapes. But mostly, it leaves something due to the use of glue on the tape. The easy solution is to use any solvent to remove the sticky residue. But you have to buy it separately.
Question # 3,
Are these locks mountable on the outside or inside of cabinet doors?
Some brands offer indoor installation, while some are designed for outdoor placement. Both types’ use adhesive tapes, and you can select either type as per your needs.
Baby proof cabinet locks are essential to protect kids from dangerous accidents. But the selection of the right lock is vital to get maximum benefit.
Hopefully, you get a lot of information about cabinet locks from the above discussion and get the best lock from our list that meets your requirements very well.