Body washes are definitely the most soothing element of bath time and necessary for all skin types and ages. The foamy or creamy lather with relaxing and activating fragrances is what we all crave for real-time skin nourishment. And when it comes to body washes for kids, the fun and coziness of happy bathing get beyond interesting. From lovely playtimes, paste to paint color splashes to messy mealtimes, one happy bath-session can wash away the entire day’s mess of fun-filled adventures and delivers surreal soothe and cleanliness to the child’s skin.
But for that, you need to learn to pick the right body wash for your kids because you surely don’t want to invest in the bad quality and in vain solutions, again and again.
Some body washes might seem just perfect but turn out to be useless or even harmful for your child and that’s exactly why you need a guide, beforehand.
1 Suave Kids 3 in 1 Shampoo Conditioner Body wash
The tear-free formula of Suave Kids 3 in 1 Shampoo, Conditioner & Body wash for watermelon wonder bath-time, cleans and detangles baby hair and leaves the skin silk soft and smooth. The fruity fragrance leaves a subtle scent in the kid’s hair and body while nourishing the skin with a perfect balance of relaxation and energy. With Suave Watermelon Wonder Body wash, your kid will smell of fruity sweetness and neat cleanliness during and after the bath. Plus, this is dermatologist-tested to keep tears at bay which secures the baby bath-time pleasure.
- Convenient Packaging, Perfectly bottled
- Super Sufficient Quantity under a Low Cost Budget
- Recommendable Scent
- Not too rich in quality, however cleans neatly
- Not a fragrance-free formula, can chemically react
2 Everyone 3-in-1 Kids Soap: Shampoo, Body Wash
Lavender and Orange essential oils are infused together to make a relaxing 32 oz solution which thoroughly cleans and soothes the body. When paired up with the Everyone 3-in-1 Kids Soap (Shampoo, Body Wash, and Bubble Bath, Lavender Lullaby) the calming experience embraces bath time with EO Organic Herbal Blend of Aloe, Chamomile, Calendula, and White Tea extracts.
It is a Non GMO Verified, Gluten Free, Recyclable, Cruelty Free, B Certified 3-in-one body wash, shampoo and bubble bath with No Synthetic Fragrance. Vitamins B5 and E are added to provide even more nourishing moisture to skin while the cleansers are derived from Coconut oil to create rich bubbles for an extra foamy lather.
This versatile soap is formulated to leave your kid’s skin, clean and happy.
- Generously sized (32 oz), neatly packaged in a recyclable bottle
- Balanced Scent
- The formula is not tear-free
- It takes extra pumps to make the bath bubbly
- Not a fragrance-free formula, can be unsuitable for sensitive skin types
3 Baby Bum Shampoo & Wash
Baby Bum Shampoo & Wash (fragrance-free) is a gentle plant-based skincare product. The formula contains sea minerals, banana, and other tropical extracts to replenish and hydrate all skin types. It is a Vegan, Cruelty-free, Gluten-free and Dye-Free body wash and shampoo, ready to embrace the delicate baby skin.
A gentle full body cleanser which the entire family is sure to love, the Baby Bum Shampoo & Wash is Pediatrician and Dermatologist tested. Specifically formulated to be gentle on a baby’s skin using some of the earth’s most treasured ingredients, it is also Paraben, Sulfate, Silicone, and Phthalate free.
Keep your kids squeaky clean with Baby Bum foaming head-to-toe, tear-free, and lightweight foaming wash.
- Fragrance free, Gluten Free and Vegan
- Tear-free formula
- A natural Soap, ideal for newborns/preemies
- Gentle Foamy texture
- Requires extra pumps to lather, not exactly ideal for toddlers
4 The Honest Company Perfectly Gentle Sweet Orange Vanilla Shampoo + Body Wash
Gentle, Mild, & Tear Free, The Honest Shampoo + Body Wash is a 2 in 1 Formula which cleans, soothes, and nourishes babies’ skin and hair without over drying. Perfect for the whole family, the honest body wash is a Dermatologist tested cleansing solution with naturally derived ingredients. It provides a thick, creamy lather and cleans without over drying, nourishing enough to keep the skin vibrant and healthy.
It is made without synthetic fragrances, parabens, dyes, phthalates, formaldehyde donors, SLS and SLES which makes it perfect for everyday bath routines and bonding time. A naturally-derived full-body cleaner is ideal for newborns, preemies, toddlers and young kids. And this all-in-one baby shampoo is sure to be your new go-to baby head-to-toe cleanser, as it provides a thick, creamy lather to clean and nourish the skin, yet easily rinses away, leaving no residue on the skin.
- A balanced and mild scent
- Tear-free formula
- A natural Soap, ideal for all ages
- Recommendable body wash but not an ideal shampoo
5 Baby Dove Tip to Toe Baby Wash and Shampoo
A shampoo formula which is hypoallergenic and has been ophthalmologist-, dermatologist-, and pediatrician-tested, the Baby Dove Tip to Toe Wash and Shampoo has a rich, creamy lather that leaves baby skin feeling super soft and clean. This tear-free formula helps the baby’s skin in retaining natural moisture better than ordinary baby soaps and is also effective as a handwash.
Enriched with essential nutrients, the hypoallergenic and pH-neutral formula of the Baby Dove Tip to Toe Baby-Wash and Shampoo for Delicate Skin is gentle enough for daily bath sessions and bonding hours. A few pumps of Baby Dove Tip to Toe Wash is all it takes to clean the mess of merry playtimes and mealtimes of the entire day with a cozy fresh scent.
Replenish your baby’s skin with essential moisture and nutrients present in Dove Baby Wash and experience a leisure moisturizing bath time bubbling with the delicate baby scent.
- Ideal for sensitive skin
- Smells great, also available in fragrance-free version
- Perfect for all skin types and ages
6 Aveeno Baby Gentle Wash & Shampoo with Natural Oat Extract
This gentle baby wash and shampoo by Aveeno is made with care and is perfect for sensitive skin. Aveeno’s tear-free formula is super safe and is free from soaps, parabens, and phthalates. It is lightly scented and leaves the skin soft and smooth, giving it a gentle clean.
Sensitive Skin is prone to irritation, breakage, and dryness, Aveeno’s baby wash provides a soft and moisturizing wash for the sensitive skin and rinses clean without drying. It contains a natural oat extract, which soothes and nourishes the skin in a natural way.
This baby wash is safe to use on your baby’s hair and skin, every day and is recommended by pediatricians.
- Aveeno’s Baby Wash is provides a gentle and soft clean and can be used every day, it contains a natural oat extract which soothes and nourishes the skin
- It is free from all harmful compounds and chemicals and is super-safe
- A very mild fragrance which is friendly for children with sensitive skin.
- The bottle and pump can be improved to prevent leakage
7 Cetaphil Baby Wash & Shampoo with Organic Calendula
Formulated with calming organic calendula, the Cetaphil Baby Wash & Shampoo has a Tear-free formula that blends into a rich, lathering wash. Perfect to clean your baby’s delicate skin and hair without drying, it is a dermatologist tested, paraben free, colorant free, mineral oil free, and completely hypoallergenic head-to-toe baby wash.
The Cetaphil baby wash & shampoo is specially formulated to be gentle on Infant’s skin containing the marigold flower extract, aloe vera, vitamin E/B5 and organic calendula.
Cetaphil is recommended by dermatologists and pediatricians.
- Hypoallergenic, colorant-free and mineral-oil free
- Contains Organic Calendula and smells good
- The Cetaphil baby wash may cause rashes on sensitive skin and is not really tear-free
- There is also a heavy fragrance contained which is not suitable for infants, preemies or kids with conditions like eczema
- Cetaphil does not moisturize hair as a shampoo but can be used for subtle hair wash
8 Puracy Baby Shampoo & Natural Body Wash
Puracy’s Baby Shampoo & Body Wash is near-to-nature and plant based. It is perfect for newborns, infants, and toddles and is friendly with sensitive skin types. It contains vegan cleansers which create a gentle foam which cleans nicely and softly. Moisturizers in the product are fruit and vegetable derived and which hydrate and nourish the skin. Sea salt is added which purifies and balances. It also has pH balancing properties, retaining pH levels to 5.5.
With natural ingredients and being chemical-free, it is perfect for babies or even adults with skin conditions such as eczema. The citrus and sea salt combination creates a balance and leaves the skin and hair soft and smooth.
It is free from cocamidopropyl betaine, sulfates, salicylates, parabens, petroleum-based ingredients, animal based ingredients, perfumes, and dyes. On top of that, it is almost completely composed from natural ingredients, making it one of the safest products to use.
- A super-safe and tear-free formula
- Plant-derived, hypoallergenic, gluten-free, biodegradable
- Puracy offers a 100 percent discount if you’re dissatisfied with the product
- Bottle-pump can be improved
9 Alaffia Babies & Kids Coconut Shampoo & Body Wash
Alaffia’s Babies and Kids Coconut Shampoo and Body Wash provides a natural and gentle touch to your child’s skin and hair. All ingredients have a natural formula for your child’s sensitive skin. It is handcrafted with hand extracted coconut; formulated with coconut oil and water and is made with 100% certified fair-trade ingredients.
It is free from synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates and animal-derived ingredients, making it super-safe. It is natural, handcrafted and vegan, and is composed of biodegradable ingredients. Alaffia’s Baby and Kids Coconut Shampoo and Body Wash has a nice, natural and a pleasant strawberry scent and is completely safe for sensitive skin.
- Super-Safe; free from all harmful and rash substances and compounds
- Natural lather and scent; free from synthetic fragrances
- Thick texture which cleans deeply and properly
- The formula is not tear-free and not safe for newborns
- Seal and bottle has room for improvement
10 Fresh Monster Shampoo & Body Wash Ocean Splash
Fresh Monster Kids Shampoo & Body Wash is a 100% toxin-free, plant-based multi-tasker i.e. bath & hair product. A head-to-toe gentle cleanser made just for kids with zero toxins, sulfates, parabens, phthalates, dyes, synthetic fragrances, BPA, gluten, or soy.
Fresh Monster Ocean Splash is a kid-centric shampoo and body wash that comes with a goof-proof, re-closable pump in a nicely packaged bottle. Scented with all-natural, botanical, and fruit extracts that are toxin-free, this body wash and shampoo is a delight for kids neither borrowed from kids nor borrowed from adults. They promise to work as safe and foamy cleansers and rinse with ease to wash away a day of fun-filled adventures.
With no synthetic fragrances, these Fresh Monster gentle, plant-based cleansers leave kid’s hair and skin silky soft and clean, making the kid’s hair and skin happy and healthy.
The formula is Dermatologist-Tested to be safe for even sensitive skin.
- Perfectly packaged
- Plant-based, 100% toxin-free
- Doesn’t smell great
- Thin consistency
11 SHOOSHA Organic Sensitive Skin Baby Wash and Shampoo
Shoosha Sensitive Skin Baby Wash and Shampoo is a USDA-certified organic baby wash and shampoo which contains 95% pure organic food-grade ingredients & only 5% water. As a shampoo, it is tear-free which hydrates and nourishes the scalp. As a body wash, it is an extremely gentle and creamy low lather formula featuring lavender’s comforting fragrance.
Made from organic calendula, organic sunflower oil, organic lavender oil, and fresh aloe vera, the Shoosha sensitive wash provides extra hydration for your baby’s sensitive & eczema-prone skin. Shoosha baby organic shampoo & body wash works even as a great moisturizing shampoo or body soap, also helpful for super dry, troubled and sensitive mature skin.
This head-to-toe cleanser is ultra-gentle and hypoallergenic, free from parabens, sulfates & animal-derived ingredients.
- Hypoallergenic & Tear Free
- Calming for hyper-sensitive and eczema-prone skin
- Soothing scent
- Great organic product, but a bit pricey
12 Keep It Kind Fresh Kidz Natural Hair & Body Wash
Keep it Kind Fresh Kidz Natural Hair & Body Wash gives a nourishing and gently clean with its super-safe formula which is free from harsh ingredients. It does not dehydrate the skin or hair but leaves it moisturized and soft through its natural moisturizers. It is free from animal-derived ingredients, sulfates, ethyl alcohol, aluminum, parabens, artificial colors, triclosan, propylene glycol, artificial fragrances, or artificial preservatives.
This hair and body wash by Keep it Kind is dermatologically tested and its pH balancing properties makes it suitable for sensitive skin types. It fights body odor and bacteria without harsh chemicals. It is great for boys who’ve just entered puberty and facing the skin hygiene and odor issues.
- Free from harsh chemicals, colors and parabens, making it super-safe for all skin types.
- It eliminates odor and bacteria and gives a nice soothing fragrance to the body, while protecting sensitive skin.
- The formula is tear-free.
- The bottle and bottle-top has room for improvement. Measures can be taken to make it leak-free.
13 Baby Magic Gentle Hair & Body Wash
This gentle hair and body wash by Baby Magic deliver a soft and nourishing wash. It is packed with natural and wholesome ingredients like calendula oil, coconut oil, and shea butter, which soothe, hydrate, and moisturize dry and sensitive skin.
Baby Magic’s hypoallergenic for this hair and body wash is dermatologically tested and is free from harsh compounds or ingredients. The formula is tear-free and is free from sulfates, dyes, parabens, phthalates, and formaldehyde.
It is ideal for daily cleansing and it suits sensitive, dry, and dull skin types. It has a nice and soft powder scent which is safe for children and does not irritate the skin or eyes.
- Great for sensitive skin and eczema prone skin. Does not cause allergies, irritation or tears!
- Free from harsh ingredients
- The soft powder fragrance lasts for long
- The body wash cleans very well and keeps the skin fresh for a longer period
- It does not form a lot of lather or bubbles.
14 SoCozy 3-in-1 | Shampoo + Conditioner + Body Wash
A 3 in 1 treat for your kids and you, SoCozy’s formula is free from harsh ingredients. It shampoos and conditions the hair while gently cleaning the body. It gently cleans and removes dirt and grime while adding soothing moisture to the skin.
Its key ingredients are keratin, vitamin B5, and kiwi extracts and are free from parabens, sulfates, phthalates, formaldehyde, synthetic colors or dyes, propylene glycol, gluten, and wheat. It’s safe and non-toxic formula is safe for kids and adults with sensitive skin.
SoCozy’s formula has plant extracts and hydrating proteins that nourish the skin and hair and clean naturally. The plant extracts and proteins give a silky shine to the hair and soothing moisture to the skin. It also has Argan Oil and Jojoba extracts that nourish the hair and provides its volume and texture.
It can be used for everyday cleaning and it forms fun and foamy bubbles. The salon formula of SoCozy gives the hair a special treatment everyday with zero mess or fuss.
- Free from synthetic dyes, colors or fragrances; gives a natural, lasting and pleasant fragrance.
- Great for curly hair, its sulfate-free formula doesn’t dry or tangle the curls.
- Moisturizes very well and is great for dry or dull skin or hair.
- The formula is not tear-free
15 Aquaphor Baby Wash and Shampoo
Aquaphor’s baby wash and shampoo gives a soft, gentle and safe cleaning. The formula is free from parabens and synthetic fragrances and contains a natural chamomile essence. It’s mild and tear-free formula makes bath-time a fun and soothing time for the baby. The baby’s sensitive and soft skin is taken care of by the wash since it is free from any harsh ingredients.
The Chamomile essence with the provitamin B5 enriched formula gives a nourishing and gentle experience every time. The mild lather and bubbles make it easy to rinse and clean. It is clinically proven to be safe and suitable for the baby’s gentle skin and scalp, it is also pediatrician recommended.
- It is suitable for babies and toddlers with sensitive and eczema prone skin.
- Super-safe and tear-free formula.
- Moisturizes amazingly and is great for dry, dull and sensitive skin.
- Can result in allergies or irritation for some.
- Aquaphor tests their products on animals and knowing this face, most would not prefer it.
Buying Guide: How to choose the Best Body Wash for Kids
It is very important to recognize what kind of skincare or haircare products suit your child the best. Every step, from researching the ingredients to the texture and the extra perks of the product, is vital. Before choosing, it is important to know what nature the product must-have, and what ingredients are to be avoided. It is also important to know that on what specific skin types, the product suits best. The cost, packaging, and design of the product also matter, but it obviously comes after you’re satisfied with what the product is offering mainly.
Here are some of the features and tips to buy the best body wash for kids in 2020.
Choose according to your child’s Skin Type
Recognizing your child’s skin type is very important. Using unsuitable body washes or care products can lead to discomfort and make the skin unhealthy. Using a moisturizing wash over oily skin can increase sebum and oil production, using a body wash with more soap content over dry skin and lead to skin breakage and skin dehydration. This is why it is crucial to know if your kid has oily, dry, or dull skin, so you can choose the best body wash for them.
Oily skin requires a balancing body wash that has just the right soap content, don’t make the mistake of choosing a product with a high alcohol content because that is only going to make the skin even drier.
A dry skin type requires a cream wash, a body wash that deeply conditions, hydrates, and moisturizes the skin. A product with conditioning ingredients like olive oil, aloe Vera or honey, and Vitamins like A, B1, and E.
For Kids with dull skin, the most suitable body wash is one that gently exfoliates and hydrates. The body wash must also contain mild moisturizers to balance the dull skin and make it healthy.
Ingredients to Avoid
Each and every ingredient in skin or hair care products play a certain role. Even the inactive ones are there for a reason. For the gentle and developing skin of a child and even for yourself, it is necessary to strictly avoid ingredients that are harmful to the skin.
Here are some of the reasons to avoid these certain kinds of ingredients:
- Parabens: Parabens are chemicals or compounds which act as preservatives in cosmetic and care products. Researches have shown that parabens have been found in cancerous tissue and that they disrupt the natural hormone system by mimicking hormones.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate/Sodium Laureth Sulfate: These compounds are responsible for producing the thick foamy lather in soaps. Sulfates are also irritants which upon coming in contact with eyes or sensitive skin, can cause burning, irritation and even allergies. Sulfates are known to cause dryness and can damage the hair, ultimately affecting the health of your skin or hair.
- Silicones: Silicones in body washes and especially in body washes which can be used as shampoos are known to provide a ‘shine’ and ‘moisture’. But this “shine” is not natural at all and the continued use of silicones can weigh down and affect the health of the hair and skin.
Body Washes for Kids with Sensitive Skin
Sensitive Skin can react to most of the care products out there. It is necessary that you carefully choose a body wash that is perfectly safe for sensitive skin. Overly dry skin, eczema, and allergies are common problems of sensitive skin and to prevent the adverse reactions of unsuitable body washes, a proper product must be chosen.
A body wash with pH balancing ingredients and hydrating properties is suggested. Avoid sulfates, parabens, alcohols, and silicones and go for a body wash with a natural and gentle touch. Look for products that are nourishing and those which contain fatty acids, antioxidants, and Vitamins. Natural ingredients such as Almond Oil and Avocado work well with sensitive skin.
Versatility of the Body Wash
After choosing a specific variety of body washes that are best for your child, look for the one that offers the most of a single product. It’s always better when a body wash can be used as a nice and nourishing shampoo and is friendly if used on the face. If a body wash which is free from parabens, sulfates, silicones, and alcohols, is safe to use on the entire body, then not only is it versatile but super-healthy. Since it has the perfect composition of ingredients that are friendly for both skin and hair.